Thursday, August 20, 2009

One of the best things about summer....







"It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts
while eating a homegrown tomato." ~L. Grizzard


It just wouldn't seem like summer to me without my weekly trips to the local roadside produce stands. The fruits & vegetables are so fresh...there isn't much that's better in life than the delicious peaches, crisp cucumbers, gorgeous tomatoes and sweet corn. I also love the farmers (and their families) that work at the stands...they are some of the nicest, friendliest & most interesting people around!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Dawn! When I went back home to Calif for vacation I got to go a produce stand and it was awesome- fresh corn and everything for SO CHEAP. Here in Alaska, not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this time of year, all of the farmers markets and all of the produce I would ever want. Found you blog from JessicaSprague.com and wanted to drop by and say hi. susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails