Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wish No. 18...

"For each new morning with its light...For rest and shelter of the night...For health and food, for love and friends...For everything Thy goodness sends."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Although I am thankful every day for my blessings, usually Thanksgiving is the special day set aside for giving thanks and expressing our gratitude. I think this week before Christmas is another good time to stop and say "thank you" for all the good things in our lives. I was worrying that I didn't have enough gifts for my family under the tree when I had to pause and remind myself of what gifts I did have. We have a nice home, my husband has a good job, I have 2 beautiful children, I have my Mom & my family to spend the holidays with, I have plenty of food to put on the table, I have my faith, I have wonderful friends...what else do we truly need?

There are people that will be spending the holidays alone, or this is their first Christmas after losing a loved one, or they have lost their homes in a fire, or have lost their jobs, or are suffering from an illness, or are struggling with other issues...take a moment and say a prayer to those less fortunate and say a silent thanks for all the blessings that you have in your life.

1 comment :

Related Posts with Thumbnails