Monday, January 25, 2010

50 things...No. 1

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory." ~Betty Smith



"The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust


"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." ~Henry David Thoreau

This is the start of my gratitude list...50 things that I'm thankful for before I turn 50. I look at it as a gift that I'm giving to myself.

Since so many of the things that I love to do rely on my vision, the first thing that I'm going to celebrate is the gift of sight. Reading, photography, finding the beauty in a dandelion, appreciating a gorgeous sunrise or sunset, spending time on the computer, playing ping-pong with my son, seeing my daughter's beautiful smile, watching my husband play with the kids, looking at the dolphins swimming in the ocean, the joy I get from observing the colors & textures in the world...these are some of the things that I am grateful for every day. I am also thankful that I see the glass half full and am lucky enough to live my life with optimism & hope.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails