Tuesday, February 9, 2010

50 things...No. 3

"Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the Deity to be a source of delight!" ~John Ruskin

"How sweet to be a Cloud floating in the Blue!" ~AA Hodge

This may sound like a strange thing to be grateful for, but I am so thankful for COLOR in my life.
The deep green of a freshly cut lawn in the spring...the bright yellow of a summer sun...the glorious orange & red tones of an autumn leaf...my daughter's beautiful brown eyes...I just love color! Out of all the colors that you can find on a color wheel (or in nature) my all-time favorite would have to be blue.

To me, blue is...

my favorite pair of jeans
the color of my son's eyes
a relaxing day at the beach
my childhood bedroom
serenity
happiness
my electric blue bicycle
the color of my bridesmaids dresses
a cloudless summer sky
fresh blueberries
tranquility
the kids having fun in the pool
joy!

2 comments :

  1. Dawn I love, love, love this gallery of blue. I am also so grateful for color in my life too. Hence my blog, somethingblu.wordpress.com and jewelry brand, ila blu: ilablu.com. I am so hapy to have connected with you at Mondo and to have an opportunity to see more of your work here. I am still very interested in a copy of Wish. Hope. Dream. If we can arrange it. I sent you a couple of msgs to your Mondo profile. Please let me know if you are still interested. Keep up the great work!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bridesmaids dresses were blue, too! very lovely post -- fell in love with colors again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails