Friday, May 14, 2010

50 things...no. 18

"Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains." ~Diane Ackermann


"If we breathe the scent of goodly grass, the fragrance of spices, the aroma of good fruits, we pronounce a blessing over the pleasure." ~Shmuel Y. Agnon



These are a few of my favorite scents that bring me happiness & can make me smile...just a small whiff of some of these can transport me back to my childhood days.
lilacs in bloom
freshly cut grass
salt air blowing off the ocean
spring rain on asphalt
puppy breath
the turkey roasting in the oven on Thanksgiving morning
leaves burning on a fall day
coffee brewing (even though I'm not a coffee drinker)
clementines and tangerines
cinammon
babies (it must be the combination of the shampoo & the baby powder)
Old Spice aftershave (reminds me of my Dad)
sweet honeysuckle
What are some of your favorite smells that you love?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails