Wednesday, May 19, 2010

50 things...no. 23

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have captured on film is captured forever...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." ~Aaron Sussman

"A camera is a "save" button for the mind's eye" ~Roger Kingston


"We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us."
~Ralph Hattersley


"Life is short; this is why I make pictures." ~Carlos Dominique




One day last spring I was taking a walk around the lake...and of course I had my camera with me. It was a beautiful day and the flowers were in bloom. I had stopped at a group of purple flowers along the path and was taking a picture of a bee buzzing around one of the flowers.
People were jogging by and others were walking past at a quick pace. One of the walkers saw me with my camera taking a picture and she stopped and watched. After I took the photograph she wanted to see what I was taking a picture of...she wanted to know what she had been missing. I don't want to be one of those people who go through life at such a fast pace that they miss seeing the beauty in the everyday, simple, ordinary things.

For me, photography is a way of capturing a moment in time. It makes me happy...and allows me to make others happy too. It brings out my creativty. I love learning about photography...I enjoy taking classes and reading books & blogs about the subject. I enjoy looking at the work of other photographers...they inspire me to grow and improve as a photographer. The only thing that I can think of that I don't like about photography is the price of the new lens that I want!

1 comment :

  1. Love your photo, Dawn! You inspired me to go take a few shots this evening!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails