Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The ABC's of Life...D is for Discover
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." ~Andre Gide
"Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart give yourself to it." ~Buddha
"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen carefully." ~Littlefoot's mother (Land Before Time)
Don't ever stop discovering new things...about yourself and about the world.
* Learn a new language
* Try different types of foods
* Mix it up with your music...if you always listen to country try a little classical
* Travel to other cities, states or countries (or try visiting a park near your neighborhood)
* Attempt a new hobby...sew, knit, scrapbook, scuba dive (the sky's the limit)
* Read...if you have a favorite type of book, try a different genre.
* Take a class
No matter what you do...never stop learning. And who knows...you may even find your life's purpose along the way!
Posted by Dawn