Thursday, August 19, 2010

The ABC's of Life...R is for Risk

"and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin

"The person who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore." ~Dale Carnegie

"You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen." ~Paulo Coelho

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." ~Helen Keller

"Leap and the net will appear." ~Zen saying

"Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." ~General George S. Patton



I must confess that I love my comfort zone...taking chances isn't second nature to me...and I'm not a gambler in any sense of the word. That being said, every so often I surprise myself and take that giant leap...ok, maybe it's more like little baby steps. However, I do love a good adventure every now and then. Taking a risk can be scary because there is the fear of failure associated with it. Try it anyway. Don't necessarily take foolish risks...you can still research and make mindful decisions before you step over the edge. Dream big. Do something different. Dare to fly!

1 comment :

  1. I have actually done some very adventursome (some would say foolish!)things in my life. Just one example - moving to CA from Micigan sight-unseen by myself at the tender age of 21. I guess it turned out OK because I'm still here! Anyway, I seem to be getting a little "safer" with my choices as I age. Probably normal, but you're reminding me that life is short and sometimes you just have to jump in. LOVE the first photo - great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails