Sunday, December 19, 2010

December ABC's...G is for Gifts.


'Tis a gift to be simple,
'Tis a gift to be free,
'Tis a gift to come down
Where we ought to be
And when we find ourselves
In the place that's right
'Twill be in the valley
Of love and delight. ~Shaker hymn



This year for Christmas I'm giving myself some gifts...

The gift of simplicity...I'm using kraft paper & white paper to wrap presents...and for ribbon I'm using bakers twine and garden twine. I'm making paper flower "bows" out of recycled magazines & book pages and vintage buttons.

The gift of time...I'm giving myself permission to slow down and not "do it all".

The gift of gratitude...I'm finding something in every day to be thankful for.

The gift of quiet...I'm listening to the sounds of nature (like the sound of geese flying overhead).

The gift of mindfulness...I'm reminding myself of what this season is all about.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails