Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two Word Thursday...Unforgettable Memories

"Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." ~Kevin Arnold quote "Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us." ~Oscar Wilde "The true art of memory is the art of attention." ~Samuel Johnson

I know that some people have amazing memories...they can remember what they were doing on this day in 2005. Not me. I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for dinner 2 days ago. That's why I take pictures. That's why I scrapbook. That's why I make lists. That's why I journal (I love using http://ohlife.com/ ).


We just got back from our Spring Break trip to Florida. The weather was pretty much perfect. We went to the beach and to Disney...we had a blast! I took pictures (many, many pictures). I'm planning to scrapbook some of the trip. I wrote down what we did each day. And I'm making a list of some of the things that I want to remember before we take another trip.


Things like: clean out refrigerator & empty trash before leaving for trip... cancel newspaper & put a hold on the mail... take ziploc bags (they're good to put snacks in...or seashells)... take Clorox wipes (to wipe down the remote in the hotel room)... take the luggage scale with us (it doesn't take much to get to 50 lbs)... remember to tie bright ribbon/tape onto luggage handles (easier to find them in baggage claim) take an extra camera battery (check to make sure it's charged before you get to Magic Kingdom)... also take extra memory cards... write down what parking area you're in (Journey 8, Dopey 118)... Fast Pass...Fast Pass...Fast Pass... Relax...Enjoy...Have fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails