Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three word Thursday...ready for summer


"Then followed that beautiful season...Summer. Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light, and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time." ~John Lubbock




Although it's not officially "summer" yet, the kids are out of school so it's summer in my book. I just checked the calendar and there are about 12 weeks of summer for us to enjoy. This season always flies by so fast that I wanted to be sure to treasure every moment of it. I made a little list of things that I knew I wanted to do before school starts back up. I may add to the list as I go along, but these are the things that are my basic summer essentials.

Every week for the next twelve weeks I'm planning on doing a blog post on Wednesdays to keep track of how I'm doing with my list. What are some of the things that would make your summer complete? Feel free to make your own list and join me every week in celebrating summer!

1 comment :

  1. Love those 2 quotes Dawn! I have a project list too. I always do in the summer. Isn't is heavenly to be off for the summer now?!!!! Love it!
    Beautiful blogging my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails