Monday, December 5, 2011

25 Days of Giving...The gift of finding beauty.

"Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye."  ~Grey Livingston

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."   ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Everybody need beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in...where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."   ~John Muir



The gift of finding beauty is a gift that I give myself (and hopefully I've given to my kids as well).   Beauty can be found in the most ordinary of things...in the most ordinary of places.  I took this picture in a parking lot on a cold grey evening.  The sun was just beginning to set and I looked up and saw the branches of a tree silhouetted by this gorgeous colorful sky.  Beautiful.  Such a gift.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails