Thursday, December 1, 2011

Welcome December...25 days of giving

"Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast." ~William Shakespeare

"Welcome every morning with a smile..." ~Og Mandino

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting- a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair sky, in every fair flower and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



I know I say this every year, but I can't believe that it's already December! We put most of our decorations up over Thanksgiving weekend, so it's starting to look a little bit like Christmas around here. Although I'm not crazy about it getting dark outside before 5:00, I do love the month of December and all of the holiday activities leading up to Christmas Day. While the days are getting shorter, my "to-do" list always gets longer this month.
I'm going to add one more thing on my "to do" list though...I'm going to try to give a gift every day between now and Christmas. Twenty-five days of giving. It might be something I give to a friend...or to a stranger. It won't always be a gift that someone can hold in their hand. Most likely it will be simple. It may be handmade....or handwritten. No matter what the gift is, it will come from the heart...because giving brings me joy and makes me happy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails