Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photowalk...on the beach

"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea."  ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh













I went for a photowalk on the beach a few days ago ..of course, pretty much any time that I take a walk (or a bike ride) I have my camera with me so it winds up being a photowalk.  I started my walk around 6:30 in the evening and stayed for about an hour.  It was amazing the difference in the light between 6:30 and 7:30...and also whether you were facing east (towards the ocean) or west (towards the sunset)...or north or south.  I'm hoping to get to the beach this week to watch the sun rise over the ocean...I can't wait to see what the light looks like then!
 

14 comments :

  1. Lovely so simple but perfect the life guard chair is just waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach. I especially liked the photo of the bird silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos! i adore the fence shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics and the quote is really awesome too.
    loved the pretty fence shot as well as the of the sand.
    hope you have a great week ahead
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set of photographs. I would love to take a walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you're just not playing fair! If I lived near the beach, I think I would be taking a photowalk every day. Your photos are beautiful (and I can see some of these making it into your Etsy shop!) and I love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies...thanks so much for your kind words! So glad you like the quote and the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful set of images - so calming. I love the sea so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how lucky you are to live near the beach! Your images are so beautiful...serene and calm, which is exactly how being near the ocean makes me feel. Absolutely lovely...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful images, and yes you are so lucky to live by the beach. i love the quote to, i love, love that book. so much goodness here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love - I miss the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I love how simple and peaceful your pictures are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the beach photos! I grew up on the east coast and while I think these were taken far south of where I lived, they still remind me of days at the beach with my family. I miss that. I am on the west coast now but haven't been to the beach in so long. Did you know the Atlantic and the Pacific smell different? I guess I have that smell imprinted in my mind because when I smelled the Pacific, it didn't have the same strength, or intensity. Not sure if I am getting quite the sense I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photowalk. Nice variety of images from the beach. Makes me want to head out to the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails