Sunday, July 29, 2012

Remember this...

"Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things."   ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero





Seeing...   fresh red cherries sitting on the kitchen table, rinsed and ready to eat.




Smelling...    that lovely summer combination of chlorine and sunscreen on my son.




Hearing...   the neighing of the horses at the stables where my daughter takes her riding lessons.




Tasting...   A delicious salad made by a friend  (baby spinach leaves, goat chesse, white peaches, blueberries and cucumbers...drizzled with evoo and pear infused vinegar).




Feeling...  peace...as I walk along the shore with my feet in the sand & the gentle waves washing up around my legs.

These are some of the things that I want to remember about this past week...things that come to mind when I close my eyes and think about the last seven days...things that made me smile.


* Inspired by Andrea's (Hula Seventy) post here.  

6 comments :

  1. Can you get us the recipe for the salad? It looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn...what a wonderful series! Love this idea. That beach photo is amazing...love your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum that salad looks lovely.I love the close up shot of your son I can almost smell the salt. I love the idea of a weekly roundup.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nancy...your beach shot angle is amazing.
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for visiting and leaving such nice comments :)

    Sarah...I'll get the recipe from my friend. From what I remember she used organic baby spinach leaves, goat cheese (crumbled), blueberries, white peaches & cucumbers...and then drizzled the pear infused vinegar and some evoo on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post- love using all of the senses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails