Thursday, June 13, 2013

100 moments of summer...hydrangeas in bloom (no. 1)

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees...I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
~F. Scott Fitzgerald       

 “Summertime is always the best of what might be.”  ~Charles Bowden 




Summer is here!

For me,  summer doesn't begin on the summer solstice or when the kids get out of school...it begins when I see our hydrangea bush begin to bloom.  I love summer...it's my favorite time of the year. The smell of sunscreen & chlorine...the sound of flip flops...sitting on the deck reading a good book...long walks on the beach...bike rides on my beach cruiser...spending time with the kids.  So good. 

As much as I try to savor every second, the days still fly by so fast.  Over the next 100 days I'm going to do my best to capture the moments that I want to remember...the things that make summer magic.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails