Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful...

"We are most alive in those moments when our hearts are
conscious of our treasures" ~Thornton Wilder


I love Thanksgiving...I love the families getting together, I love the turkey & the stuffing, I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and I love that we start putting up our Christmas decorations soon after. But the thing that I love the most is that I pause to really reflect on the things that I am thankful for. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful every single day for nature and for family & friends...for health and for happiness...for God and for my country. But this week I make an extra effort to think about the little things that I'm thankful for.

Things like...

laughter~ my contact lenses~ sunshine~ fresh fruit~ my dishwasher~ yoga~ caller ID~ my education~ swedish fish~ digital cameras ~ my glass half-full attitude~ the internet~ hot baths~ fire fighters & police officers~ blue jeans~ TiVo~ the first snowfall of winter~ chocolate~ rainbows~ earl grey tea~ the ocean~ Pottery Barn~ doctors & nurses~ memories~ music~ hearing the words "I love you"~ white fluffy clouds~ color~ my favorite authors~ Glee~ teachers that inspire~ gorgeous sunrises & sunsets~ the kindness of strangers~ Target & Costco~ ziploc bags~ the military~ Photoshop~ for being "me"~ newspapers~ the stars & the moon~ for this day!

What are some of the small treasures in your life that you are grateful for?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails