Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wish No. 16...

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs


“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” ~ William Morris


Living simply means different things to different people. To me it means living without clutter and trying to be as organized as I can be (without making myself crazy in the process). It means being able to say "no" to doing something (and only saying "yes" to those things that mean the most to me)...which means I can spend more time with my family. It means cancelling magazine subscriptions and eliminating as many catalogs as I can. It also means that I take time for myself and do the things that are important to me (like yoga, reading and my photography). As silly as it sounds, it even means carrying as little as possible in my purse (I don't need everything but the kitchen sink in it). It also means taking the time every single day to be grateful. I find that when I focus on what is important and meaningful in my life it brings me peace.

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful picture and words! I wish this too!

    I love your December Daily concept!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails