Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wish No. 15...

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

"I cannot live without books." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot

"I have always imagined Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

In case you haven't guessed by now, I love to read. I have always loved to read. And I always will love to read. I grew up with parents who read and I now have children who love to read.
Along with my family and my faith, books have always been a constant in my life. Anyone who knows me can tell you that my favorite present to receive is a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble...I would rather have that than all the jewels in the world (and I'm not kidding either)!

My favorite type of books to read are murder mysteries that are part of a series (with recurring characters). I think that has to do with the Nancy Drew books that I would read when I was growing up . I am so excited when a new book comes out by one of "my" authors...Lee Childs, Jonathan Kellerman, Kathy Reichs, Robert Crais, Robert B. Parker and Janet Evanovich are just some of them. But I also read non-fiction, autobiographies, biographies, cookbooks, inspirational books, how-to books. The list is endless...and so is my love of reading!

1 comment :

  1. I started with the Nancy drew books too and love all the authors you mention. Add to it John Sandford if you haven't already. Have a wonderful Christmas. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails