Friday, December 4, 2009

Wish No. 4...

"Wisdom begins in wonder" ~Socrates

(SOOC- AV, ISO 800, f/2.2, 1/125, 50mm)

"If I had influence with the good fairy, I would ask that her gift to each child be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life" ~Rachel Carson
My favorite thing about this photograph isn't that it's a pretty picture...it's the story behind the photo. It was a typical weekday morning and we were all busily going about our "getting ready for school" routine (you know how that goes) and my 14 year old son stops and says to me..."Mom, come here and look at how pretty the sky is". It just makes me so happy to know that my teenage son...my baseball playing, X-box playing, basketball playing, I-pod playing son...notices the everyday beauty of a sunrise. I think I must have done something right!
My wish is, like the song "I Hope you Dance" by Lee Ann Womack goes, "I hope you never lose your sense of wonder".

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails