Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wish No. 5...

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you. In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter can you have longer, quieter stretches when you savor belonging to yourself." ~Ruth Stout


There's nothing like the first snow of the season...the grass and the trees are blanketed in white and there is a sense of magic that permeates the air. Everything is still and we're surrounded by a quiet, beautiful world (at least until the kids pull out their sleds...then the beauty remains, but the quiet not so much)! In the winter nature takes the time to rest and to hibernate...and so do I. With the shorter daylight hours and the colder temperatures, I tend to stay home more and take the time to recharge my batteries. I need that alone time to renew and refresh my mind, body & spirit. I am then revitalized and ready for spring!
My wish is to take the time (even if it's only 15-20 minutes a day) to take a nap, to read , to soak in a hot bath, to write, to think... and to clear out both the physical & mental clutter.

1 comment :

Related Posts with Thumbnails