Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{Summer 2011} - Goodbye to summer


"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~Dr. Seuss


I know that this is a little premature. According to the calendar there are still four and a half weeks left of summer. To me summer is over once the kids start gearing up for school (although they don't go back until the day after Labor Day). They're starting their sports practices...gathering up school supplies...and the September days are already filling up with activities. Don't get me wrong...I also love September. It's like the start of a new year.
But...I love our summers because we get to take time to just "be". As my daughter is starting her senior year of high school I am so grateful for all of the time that we've spent over the last 17+ years just "being".
So, as I'm ending my Summer 2011 posts I'm going to start a new series of posts on Wednesdays...Take Time. Take time to laugh...to be silly...to watch a sunset...to hold hands...to love.
ps. a note to Summer 2011...thanks, we had a blast!

1 comment :

  1. It's always so hard to say goodbye to the summer but Dr. Seuss's quote is perfect! Love your photo Dawn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails