~ Charles H. Spurgeon
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend..." ~ Earl Nightengale
Some of the little things that I've enjoyed in December (in no particular order)...
* Having Christmas Eve dinner at my sister's
* Watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
* The smell of clementines
* Drinking hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows
* Having dinner at PF Changs
* Watching the kids play in the 22" of snow
* Going to the movies as a family to see "The Blind Side"
* Getting Christmas cards in the mail
* Going to Barnes & Noble
* Listening to the Glee CD's
* Eating pomegranates
* Watching "The Sound of Music" on tv
* Going to lunch with friends
* Making chocolate chip banana bread with my daughter
* Playing ping-pong with the kids & my hubby
* Watching the kids and my mom make cookies together
* Going to the Christmas Eve church service
* Listening to Christmas music on the radio
* Playing RockBand 2
* Helping to wrap gifts for the school's adopted families
* Taking a nap on the sofa, covered by a warm comfy blanket
* Spending time with our extended families (aunts/uncles/cousins, etc)
* Decorating the house for Christmas
These are some of the little things that I take delight in...that bring me happiness...that I take the time to savor. These are the little things that I love...which really, after all, are the big things that matter in my life.